- What data we collect
- How do we collect your data
- How we use your data
- How we store your data
- Sharing you data
- If you fail to provide personal data
- Changes to your personal data
- Your legal data protection rights
- Links to other websites
- Privacy policies of other websites
- What are cookies?
- How to manage cookies
- What types of cookies we use
- Cookies on other websites
- Payment information
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
Who we are:
Purpose of this Privacy Statement:
We strongly believe in the importance of keeping customer’s personal information personal. We are committed to protecting your privacy online and will take all reasonable steps to protect it. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in line with the permissions you give us.
By using, placing an order on and/or registering on our website, you consent to to collection and use of your personal data as per the terms set out in this policy.
1. What data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal data about you:
- Personal Identification Data – title, first name, last name
- Contact Data – billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction Data – this includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Data – this may include internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Profile Data – this may include your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Usage Data – this may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
2. How we collect your data
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies, when we may collect technical data bout your equipment, browsing actions and patterns
We may also receive your data indirectly from third parties, such as providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
3. How we use your data
We collect and use your personal data for the following:
- To process your order and manage your account
- Email you with special offers on products and services we think you might like
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
When we process your order, it may send your data to – and also use the resulting information from – credit reference agencies, to prevent fraudulent purchases.
4. How we store your data
Your data is securely stored within the WordPress database tables – wp_users and wp_usermeta.
Our Company will keep your personal data for 7 years for completed or cancelled orders and 1 year for inactive accounts . Once this time period has expired, your data will be automatically deleted.
We do not store any financial information, such as bank details, credit or debit card details
5. Sharing your data
We may share your data with selected third parties where necessary, as set out below:
- Service providers – in order to process and fulfil purchases made from our website. This may include payment providers, couriers and suppliers. These service providers may only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and may not use this data for their own purposes
- If we are complied by law, in order to meet legal obligations
- In order to enforce our Terms and Conditions
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Shamalay or our customers
- For fraud protection
We will never knowingly sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so.
6. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have, or are trying to enter into ,with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
7. Changes to your personal data
It is important that any personal data that we hold about you is accurate. If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, either in writing or by email. We will correct any information found to be incorrect.
8. Your legal data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to contact us and request details of your personal information that we hold about you. There is not normally a charge for this service. However, if you request is excessive, repetitive or unsubstantiated, we may charge a small fee
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any information you believe to be incomplete
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. We may need to request information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that we are not disclosing any personal data to any person who has no rights to this information. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us, using any of the contact options detailed at the end of this Policy.
10. Links to other websites
11. Privacy policies of other websites
It is important that the personal data that we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please inform us should your personal data change during your relationship with us.
13. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer or mobile device’s hard drive, such as a smart phone or tablet, when you visit our website and use certain pages or features on the site, especially when placing an order. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. The type of information that is collected is limited to products that are viewed or added to the Buyer’s shopping basket and other information necessary to complete the on-line purchase. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally, do not collect any personal data stored on your computer and cannot harm your computer.
14. How to manage cookies
Cookies are divided into two main types, with different storage times:
- Permanent or Persistent cookies – these allow the website to recognise a user when they return to the site and remember certain information about their preferences. They are stored on the user’s hard drive until they expire, or the user deletes the cookie.
- Session cookies – these are temporarily stored in the computer’s memory while you browse a web page. They are GDPR compliant and are essential to navigate a website and use it’s features and functionalities. Session cookies disappear when you close your browser
For further information about cookies and to find out how to remove cookies from your browser, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
15. What types of cookies we use
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address
- Analytics – we use these cookies to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on the number of visitors, traffic source, etc.
- Necessary – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your location, etc. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used. This type of cookie does not collect any personally identifiable information about you and does not track your browsing habits
16. Cookies on other websites
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to help prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect on line.
Access to your personal data is extremely limited and strictly limited to the Directors at Shamalay and other third parties who need to know, such as PayPal and delivery services. These third parties will only process your personal data on our instructions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we have in place security procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access and will do our best to ensure the protection of your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data that is transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. By using our website, you are agreeing to this policy.
WordPress encrypts (serve over SSL) all WordPress.com sites, including custom domains hosted on WordPress.com. Strong encryption is so important and WordPress do not offer the option to disable it, which would compromise the security of our site. They also 301 redirect all insecure HTTP requests to the secure HTTPS version. An SSL certificate is installed on our site.
Secure code: the code for our online store is audited by Sucuri, the industry leader in plugin security, to ensure that it adheres to WordPress best practices and coding standards and is kept secure and up-to-date.
18. Payment information
We do not collect or store your payment information. The payment processing is handled by PayPal on their secure servers. PayPal provide end to end encryption. The PayPal Safety and Security policy is available at: https://www.paypal.com/re/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
19. How to contact us:
Name: Amtev Ltd t/a Shamalay.
Postal Address: Tilly’s Cottage, Yeovil Road, Halstock, Yeovil, Somerset BA22 9RX
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: 07539 453003
Company Registration Number: 6644184 Registered in England and Wales
Registered VAT Number: 990 1812 15
20. How to contact the appropriate authority
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory body for data protection. Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, using the following link. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to be able to address your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance.